Prayer of Spiritual Communion
My Jesus, I believe that you are present in the most Blessed Sacrament. I love You above all things and I desire to receive You into my soul. Since I cannot now receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there, and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You. Amen.
BISHOP FOYS HAS MANDATED IN HIS LETTER ISSUED TO ALL PARISH PRIESTS ON MARCH 18, 2020 ADDRESSING THE COVID-19 AS FOLLOWS:
- Public weekday and Sunday Masses in every parish church, in every chapel and oratory, in every religious house, in any of our institutions are suspended effective Friday, 20 March 2020. Since the situation is so fluid, this suspension will be in effect until further notice. There are no exceptions to this suspension.
- Public celebration of the Sacraments and other public forms of worship are suspended indefinitely. This includes Lenten Penance Services, other Lenten devotions, celebrations of First Holy Communion, Communion Services, etc. Obviously, this is not an exhaustive list.
- The Sacrament of Reconciliation (confession) and Anointing of the Sick are permitted on a private basis upon request.
- Funerals, burial services, and already scheduled weddings are permitted but attendance must be limited to a maximum of 10 participants. This includes the celebrant.
- Parish priests are advised to provide the faithful with Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament for a brief period each day. Attendees are directed to practice social distancing.
- All parish office activity is to be suspended for a period of two weeks beginning on Friday, 20 March. After that date, parish office activity should be limited to a few days a week at most with a minimum number of staff.
- All parish meetings of any kind are likewise to be canceled.
- All parish socials of any sort are to be canceled. This includes, but is not limited to, fish frys (eat-in or carry out) and bingo.